Cost per serving $1.98 voir les détails
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower
- 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder (add more if you like it really spicy)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- Begin by preparing the fresh vegetables. Put two medium-sized pots of water to boil, with about an inch of water.
- While the water is boiling, rinse the cauliflower in cold water. Trim the florets from off of the stem. Place them into the boiling water, reduce the heat to low, and simmer the cauliflower with the lid slightly ajar for 12 minutes.
- To prepare the green beans, rinse well, trim the ends off and cut them in half.
- Place the green beans in the second pot of boiling water and reduce the heat to low. Cover ajar as well. (Placing the lid ajar while cooking them helps preserve the green color.) Simmer until slightly undercooked, about 10 minutes. They will finish cooking with the rest of the dish.
- While the veggies are cooking, dice half of an onion.
- Chop the boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the two tablespoons of oil on medium-high heat for a minute or two and add the onion. Add the tablespoon of red curry paste, 2 cloves crushed or chopped garlic, as well as a tablespoon of chopped or grated ginger (optional).
- Open up the coconut milk and spoon 3 or 4 scoops into the mixture, to help blend the curry paste.
- Continue to cook this mixture, keeping a close eye on it so it doesn't burn, until the onions turn translucent. When the onions have softened, add the chopped chicken.
- Meanwhile, keep an eye on the timers for the vegetables. When they finish, pull them off of the heat, drain, and set aside.
- Cook the chicken until mostly done; about 8 or 9 minutes, while stirring frequently. Then add the remainder of the coconut milk, the fish sauce, green beans, the tablespoon (or more if you like) of yellow curry powder, sugar substitute, and a dash of salt. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked. Thin with water if needed.
- To prepare the cauliflower, simply drain it and add two tablespoons of butter and salt to taste.
- Serve by placing a large scoop of curry chicken over a bed of cauliflower.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 203g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 237||65%|
|Total Fat 27.78g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 18.81g||75%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 19.96g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|